Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls

My mom made this one morning for Christmas when I was a kid. I'm not sure where she got the recipe, but I remember always looking forward to her making these on Holiday's and special occasions. So as I got older, I watched her make them one time, and was really surprised at how simple the recipe is. 

What You Need

2 cans of crescent rolls (eight in each can)
1 roll of ground sausage
1 eight ounce block of cream cheese

What You Do

Brown sausage in skillet, reduce heat to medium, and drain sausage. In the same pan, add your block of cream cheese, and dump cooked sausage back in. Mix together until cream cheese is melted and mixed in with your sausage. 


Preheat oven as directed by Crescent Rolls, open rolls and lay out on a baking pan. Take a a tablespoon and put sausage on the biggest part of crescent rolls. I usually do about two tablespoons per roll. 


Wrap them as shown above (from the base where the sausage is, up) and bake as directed by crescent roll can. 


Enjoy! It makes a great side for breakfast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment